Monday 23 December 2013

23 December - A Six Day Week



It was a bit of an ‘Indian’ day here on Saturday. None have been quite as chaotic as I remember some days from last time and many have been perfectly smooth and easy. But today has been a little like that. Pishorilal was about 10-15 minutes late but I started him; then, fortunately, so was Nasrin Bee. But Haroon arrived about 30 minutes early so I was able to start him as soon as I finished Nasrin – preparing for any variability to follow! Then Rizwan came – he has missed 6 days and I had given him up for lost. He has been a difficult case with an elbow pain, shoulder pain and a nagging little point of pain that won’t disappear. Today he said all was good except for that nagging point – but it is good to have him back.
Saturday means planning next week and often there are changes in patients, some stopping or just me deleting them from the schedule as they have missed several sessions.
That is a problem here as we expect patients to attend every day. I would imagine that for some, with businesses or work that is difficult, so I tend to be quite relaxed with them and am pleased to see them when they do turn up.
*****
I was chatting with Thorsten last night about this it and the intensity of it. He was saying that he finds it quite tiring having only one day a week free, and his job, he happily admits, is a relatively easy one. I think he has the best of all of us at this time of year in a pleasantly sunny garden. None-the-less, he thought it was OK to work like this for a short period; he is here for two months, but to keep it up for years would be too much stress.
I think it is very true and, particularly doing something like I am, the Panchakarma therapists for example, and the doctors must get very tired over time. Biju must have been working for Sambhavna for about 17 years now and although he was not doing Panchakarma in the beginning  must be quite weary. The doctors say they see about 40 patients every day – that makes 240 in a week. Can either give the care, attention and focus to that last one as they did to the first?

Medicine given with love is the most effective.

No comments:

Post a Comment